View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #1
stephen051
Account Suspended
stephen051 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Battery life on Freego F2 and Leadway RM09D

Ive got a bunch of both models in stock and selling them gradually online.

They are chinese versions built on 3 X Lead Acid 12V batteries.

I retail the F2 for approx 3-3.5K and the Leadway for 3995.

I also own a battery reviver as with my stocks I need to re-activate the batteries prior to leaving my warehouse.

Basically I fix all the batteries when they are sold making sure they charge properly as a new unit should. With a 20AMP triple lead charger this is accomplished from completely dead overnight. Takes around 10 minutes to open
a unit completely and expose the battery terminals for a manual charge, and then another 10 minutes to re-attach all the terminal leads and put back together and test prior to leaving.

It actually only takes 2.5 months of non-use for a battery to require manual charging as the standard charger is only 1.6AMP.

My question is if anyone knows the basic life-span of the 12V batteries my projected time-frame for selling the remainder of my units is 12-36months as I sell only 1-4units/month and I still have 44 units in stock. That means I currently own 15 Freego F2 units and 29 Leadway RM09D.

Will I be ok using the battery reviver on each unit prior to each sale or will some of the batteries eventually become un-reviveable?

Stephen

Last edited by stephen051; 06-08-2014 at 07:12 AM..