View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #9
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
I can't see the SoloWheel working for anybody (or barely anybody) as a mobility device. It requires more active balance from the user than the Segway, and thus also more exertion.

It can't go slowly, so it really ends up only solving the "point A to point B" part of the equation, leaving you to deal with any mobility issue at both ends of the journey, burdened with an additional device.

So it would only provide advantage to a narrow range of physical capabilities, for a portion of the need. The cases where it does work -- it would work for anyone, and really should not need to be viewed as a disability aid.

I'm not saying it would absolutely never could be viewed as a mobility aid -- but I don't expect it to come up in practice.

If it ever did, I'm sure it would run into the same issues people on Segways face -- that it makes you look able-bodied, and looks like too much fun to have a serious purpose.
Thanks I never knew any of that!...When you rely on nothing but mobility devices Im allways hoping for somthing new and better...

I cant figure out how you get on it? from a seated posistion?