View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I have shopped using bags and segway storage bins and had very little problems, however, that often takes a relationship with the store manager.

When shopping, and placing items into dark or enclosed containers that do not belong to the store, it places those items out of site to them before you pay for them.

It would not be unlike shopping at a hardware store and placing bolts in your pockets on the way to checkout.

This requires the store believe you will empty those items, all of them, onto the checkout counter. While they may have no desire to presume you will shop lift, neither do they have a way to know you will not.

I do know the manager of the local supermarket, and he would have no problem with me doing this, but that is special consideration that is not normally extended to others.

When using a segway as a mobility device, or anything of that sort, I am perhaps overly careful not to request or even presume more consideration that if I were simply walking the isles.

I believe that the suggestion of a clear bag over the handlebars was suggested, and I think that is a great compromise, if this sort of solution is your choice.

Again, I believe that one of the best considerations to being 100% accepted is to self regulate, and not require the vendor to extend privileges to segway mobilized patrons that they do not extend to others. In other words, a segway mobilized shopper may do the same thing as others in a different way, but they do not do something different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote