View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #12
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flightlogic View Post
I can't figure out why you would quit. You went in a hole and fell off.
Growing up, everybody fell off their bike. My particular case might be a minority, but I love to fly little planes. Twice, I have had forced landings. Once, on fire in flight and once an engine failure. I was flying again as soon as possible. There are so many ways to get hurt that aren't even fun at all. Why avoid something you really love? Maybe compromise and do two things. Ride only in daylight and ride a bit slower. I don't fly single engine in the dark anymore. Twins are ok for that. You probably will be just fine... if you ride carefully. Anyway, good luck in the future either way. Cheers.
The ability to handle a fall changes as one gets older and the body develops problems. I think the OP was evaluating the after effects of a fall to his body. I am sure if the OP was a teen, and bounced well, he would continue the hobby regardless of the fall risk.

The results of an aircraft accident, to the crew, are largely dependent on the orientation of the aircraft when it comes down. Level and flat is good. Any other orientation is hugely bad. It has little to do with how healthy the crew is in the fall since the forces applied to them are hugely varied in an aircraft accident.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote