View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #14
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

It's not a matter of being afraid to continue gliding. If I wasn't married, I'm sure I'd be back on as soon as I heal, because I know the cause of the fall was a fluke. After the first bad fall a year ago, I somehow managed to convince my wife that it wouldn't happen again, but there'd be no chance of persuading her now, and she'd be totally stressed every time I took it out.

Most of my gliding was on a bike trail, going places I needed to go anyway, with only an occasional unnecessary 'just for fun' trip. So my normal routes had long ago become routine (boring). It used to be fun to offer rides to anyone interested, in hopes that it would someday catch on as a fun alternative to driving, but it's been a long time since anyone paid me any attention.

I recently augmented the eco-friendly aspect of the Segway with an electric bike and an electric car, so it had lost some of its luster in that regard too.

One of the people in a Y class who sent me a get well card wrote 'Time to grow up, kid'. I think maybe he got it right. Moot point anyway, as I sold the Segs a week ago, and can truly say I haven't missed them. Much.