View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 02:28 PM   #70
Roberto
Roberto is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by battman View Post
Hi, I'm an electrical engineer with great experience with building Li-Ion packs. But with segway batteries I have no luck so far! I have burned 3 BMS already so I'm desperate!!

I have tried to replace all the cells in some segway batteries but during connection of the BMS to the new cells the board gets burned.
I have tried starting from the GND and then connecting one by one the cells to the board and I have tried the opposite, starting from the Positive and connecting all the cells one by one going to the GND. In every case after around the half connections the board gets burned and I don't know why. I have burned 3 boards so far.
Can you please help me? In which order should the connections get made? What about the bridge connections between the two sides? I have connected hundreds of standard li-ion BMS in my life so the typical is to connect first the GND and then move one by one towards the positive. But this doesn't work here!!!
Should I start from the positive towards the middle. Then from the ground towards the middle and at the end connect the middle bridges?
Has anybody tried a complete dissasembly and replacement of all the cells?
Please help, I cannot afford burning another board!
Alle 23 Zellen verbinden. ( = inklusive Brücke in der Mitte)
Minus und Plus (76V) an das BMS anschließen.
Zelle 1 an BMS, Zelle 2 an BMS, Zelle 3 an BMS usw....... (bis 22)

fertig
Roberto is offline   Reply With Quote