View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
QuadSquad
QuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to beholdQuadSquad is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Substantial Limitation-Low Threshold

The term "substantial limitation" is intended to be a lower threshold.

In actuality obtaining a disability parking permit is quite easy and one of the most abused and fraudulently utilized tools benefiting people with disabilities.

I did not intend to nor will I enter into a debate about whether you have a "substantial limitation" or not. I do read every single post on this forum that appears in Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use.

What I meant when I said "substantial limitation is quite clear for many of us, less so for others." Is that for many the option of arriving at the gate without a Segway or a wheelchair or a scooter is not viable. We simply don't have that choice.

I've read every single post which you have submitted over the last couple of years.

On the one hand you say "if I try to walk, say 100 feet, at the end I am bent over to nearly 45°" and on the other you say "I do not have a severe enough disability at this stage my life to have to have some type of mechanized device to get me around"

That doesn't mean you do not have a "substantial limitation" it just subjects you to greater suspicion.

One of the greatest challenges we've had since embarking upon this endeavor eight years ago was the concern about those using Segways fraudulently representing themselves as disabled.

If you have a substantial limitation then you must file a complaint otherwise you're squandering the work that dozens of others have done over the last eight years.

Change does not come easily, but one person can make a difference in the world. Every act that we perform helps or hinders the progress of the world. They alone may not be the final determining factor but they certainly add weight to one side… Or the other.
QuadSquad is offline   Reply With Quote