View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #25
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Removing spammers is easy in vBulletin. No member of my own websites has ever seen a spam post (well okay, maybe one or two early on). There are excellent plugins for that and all you have to do is manage the moderated threads and posts they do make (but aren't visible to anyone else).

As far as being a moderator, that would be tough. There are some rules that only get enforced selectively and I can't do that. Some rules are somewhat arbitrary and hard to follow. The forum is peppered with insults and personal attacks. But staff seems to allow some and not others - some staff in the past have been allowed to participate in those transgressions.

And it appears that there is a problem in labeling a member's legitimate frustrations and complaints as "snide" when they are actually the fault of the system. It's a fact of forum management life. We make mistakes and we drop the ball. I don't blame that on my members. I thank them for reporting a problem and make an effort to correct it or ease their mind. I don't chastise them for pointing out the obvious.

Jim