View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #12
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
My mother's been there. See this thread:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/archive...p/t-24668.html

I hope she'll jump in with more current information.

File a complaint.
Gladly--and yes, file a complaint--on both of them! I have not been back to Silver Dollar City since then (much too expensive for my retirement budget) but maybe I need to! Anyone going to Branson? Let me know and we'll test it out together!

Let me tell you my story. I was there. I encountered only two problems-- first it was a "handicapped" restroom where there was room for the Seg--but not me. I was new enough to the whole thing that I didn't really realize that I should have complained to someone besides the attendant near by.

The second problem happened when --remember I was still pretty new to this-- I let one wheel run up over the 3-4" rocks that bordered a path and it flipped me. I got a scratch, the seg did not run into anyone else in the crowd. Someone called the medics, filled out reports, etc. so they should have a record of the incident.

This would have been three years ago--but I don't recall the exact date. The hills were not a problem at all. The crowd was not a problem--and has never been a problem anywhere I have used it (more on that in another post in a minute.)

If they are using this as an example of Segways being unsafe in a crowd, I will gladly testify to the DOJ that Silver Dollar City does not have a Segway crowd problem--they have a safety liability problem. Anyone could have stepped on one of those rocks in avoiding the crowd and broken an ankle. If I had known then what I know now, I would have pursued that point!

I had just heard a rumor that they were not letting Segs in--sorry to have it confirmed! If anyone needs my testimony to include with your complaint, you may contact me or copy this note.

Lily Kerns
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lily Kerns; 06-11-2012 at 01:28 AM..
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote