View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #31
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I do like the open spoke design. In my discussions with Segway, the closed spoke wheel design was a consumer safety requirement so we will never see factory open spoked wheels here in the USA.

In keeping with this attitude, I seem to recall that the early i167 and e167s, just prior to release had wheels with open scallops, in Grey…

I don’t think any were released for sale specifically, but thanks to the V1 sale and other sources, there were several sets kicking around for a couple years…

Several people referred to them as the ‘Vegomatic’ wheels, if my memory serves… Alluding to the capacity to slice and dice your fingers if you were to insert them at an inappropriate time…

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote