View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 01:36 AM   #11
therealzam
therealzam is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Traveling with your Seg

Firstly, my experience traveling is from the perspective of a disabled passenger. Technically speaking, batteries containing the amount of lithium can be legally transported in aircraft as cargo for anyone provided they are in containers certified for such a purpose. Airlines do keep these on hand for disabled use but are NOTORIOUSLY UNRELIABLE in having them at the right place at the right time. It's a 50/50 crap shot. Some will also let you use your own. I've not heard of this being used / allowed for recreational Segways, but it is technically legal.

As far as answering your question directly, because you didn't post this in the disability forum, I'll assume you are using the device for recreational purposes. When traveling with multiple mobility devices, I have had extra batteries shipped via currier to the receiving airport directly, but that is a service I've only seen permitted for those with disability requirements. I suggest shipping the items to a UPS or FedEx retail location for pickup. I've found this to be the most reliable option and works for every application.
therealzam is offline   Reply With Quote