View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 12:26 PM   #22
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I take it the last time you rode your SE you came back and plugged it in and you haven't ridden it very far since then because you don't have blinking green lights?

Rather than run the batteries down to where the machine shuts off, I think I would take it for a 4 or 5 mile glide, check the voltage again then before you plug it in and then again after a few hours on the charger. Your voltage should go down below 75 after the ride and then back up again after the charge if the charger is working at all

But, the fact that your lights never blink green says (to me at least) that you're going to need to have it looked at by a professional who can change the part which is causing that problem

For reference if it helps you any - I have three spare batteries, all around 8 or 10 years old which are not currently on any machine and haven't been recharged for 6 or 8 months (I don't have an off board charger) and I just checked them. One is 75.1, one is 75.2 and the last one is 75.3. I consider those to be nearly fully charged - I know I can put any two of them on a Seg and ride it 10 or 15 miles because I've done it before

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote