Thread: Sore Feet
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 PM   #10
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
I think the aching feet is probably due mostly to the tire pressures. On the I2's much larger tires we use 15 psi (X2's use around 5 psi) and I read several places that the mini owners manual calls for 45 psi, even though some of the OEM tires do say 30 psi max right on the sidewall. Many users report that 45 psi works best. That much pressure is sure to transmit near 100% of the pavement imperfections right into the soles of your feet, as 150 to 200 pounds of rider weight won't be enough to deflect the tire any when it has 45 psi in it - Many 3500 pound cars only use 30 psi

I would suppose that mini's weren't really designed for long distance gliding - The key will be to get off frequently for a few minutes to rest your feet

Don
I have ridden the mini pro down the road, turned off onto a gravel driveway, and through grass and ruts that tractors, cows, and farm trailers had worn down behind my neighbors house. You feel everything. No cushion at all. I worry more about the machine taking the pounding than the ride comfort. But it is funny how it goes right through it.

I have discovered that I clench my toes in normal riding. A sorta toes pushing down movement without me thinking about it. I have to think about it and relax my toes and just lean forward with the balls of my feet. And I take breaks. I have a watch full of time so have no hurry to get anywhere.

Sadly, I am visiting a tourist town with Segway tours but can't get anyone around me to be adventurous enough to try it. Wanted to try one of the big ones but won't get my chance.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote