Thread: miniPRO Segway/Ninebot MINI PRO
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 06:01 PM   #53
retrodog
retrodog is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelEL View Post
"Does it handle side-slopes the same way as a segway (where you keep the stick in-line with gravity in order to hold still)?"

New to forum, new to Segway. Have had a Segway MiniPro for a few weeks now, and very much enjoying it. As a total newbie to the ride, and at 76, and never having been on skateboards, surfboards, etc (balance sports), it is taking me some time to become comfortable. No hurry, no worry; having fun.

My biggest challenge, and I wonder how others handle it, is side slopes, even gentle ones like the curve for drainage on parking lots and streets. I've been trying to shift my uphill foot a couple of inches to the outer edge of the platform, bend my knees and apply more pressure to the uphill foot. On sideslopes, it seems risky to turn uphill, easier to turn downhill, but maybe that's not the way I want to go.

Flat surfaces are a breeze, like the middle of the street, but not the best place to ride. Until now, I never notices how much asphalt is sloped.

Interested in hearing how the rest of you handle this.
Michael
I have the same concern. I've driven a Goped ESR750 hoverboard for years and always compensate for the side slopes. So I have been a little aprehensive about this lateral style of carrier. Most of the sidewalks in my neighborhood are sloped to the side at least a little. It's going to be a drag if I have to keep one knee against that steering column.

Well, in any case, I ordered one on Amazon today. Should have it for the upcoming weekend. I guess I'll be riding it all over the place before long.
retrodog is offline   Reply With Quote