View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #18
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seginaway View Post
Went to my local ACE and looked at TORX 6, 5, 4 & 3. None of them would adequately seat to the screw. It appears that the screw is "concave" in construction and so does not allow the traditional TORX to seat properly. It was suggested that I go to the OEM and request the tools; which I stated that since I'm not an "approved" dealer the liklehood of tools being provided to me by the OEM is, shall we say limited.

It does not appear that the screw is a traditional TORX, it is specific to Segway and, like many things, Segway keeps everything proprietary rather than open sourced.

My original InfoKeys were regular screws, the latest are not. If I could open the InfoKey, I could probably adjust the spring tension to get them to connect with the battery but I've been unable to open the latest cases; unlike the originals.

TIA

T4 seemed like the best fit, but it didn't seat sufficiently to remove the screws. Because of the "concave" nature of the screw, it did not dig down deep enough to interact with the grooves.
is there any chance there is some clear varnish or glue in the screw head? maybe scratch it clean with a pin?
?
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote