View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

This newly promoted site charges a commission to operators who use the site - it is probably incomplete as some operators either don't know about it or choose not to pay the commission. It potentially offers more information to the prospective customer of business subscribing though.

Segwayguidedtours.com costs the featured operators nothing, hence the increased volume of listings but it does rely on businesses approaching the site to appear / update / delete entries as appropriate - a Segway domain name in the UK recently changed hands and the new owner wasn't actually operating any kind of Segway tour or business (although it is stated to be a future desire). Nevertheless the link from both INC's guided tours page and Segwayguidedtours.com went to this new website until other UK Segway operators highlighted the anomaly to both websites whereupon they deleted the offending link.

I venture to suggest that no service of this kind can ever provide 100% coverage or be totally accurate. I would also highlight the OP's opening title - the website is "launched", which I interprete, for this sort of service, to be something that still needs to evolve & grow.

Last edited by CovRob; 05-17-2009 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Include reference to original title
CovRob is offline   Reply With Quote