View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #4
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Exclamation Must be by tour company subscription to this service

Any website that promotes our Segway industry is a good one, this one in my oppinion needs some work. Though the other one does need updating as well.

As I am looking at it, this website is missing a majority of the tours in my area, and the areas that I tend to spend time in. Though the other website has not been updated to list who is currently offering Segway Tours.

And in reality only ONE tour company is included on this website in is in my area and though it does have tours in a variety of areas through out the region, it is not a Segway Authorized Tour.

Here are my comments:

There are three tour companies in my home town of Washington DC.
Capital Segway - not included - it is the only Segway Authorized Tour in DC www.capitalsegway.com

City Segway Tours - not included www.citysegwaytours.com a company that has been established since the beginning of the Segway Tour industry and is all over the world.

Segs-In-The-City - though their name may have changed by now - it is the only one included - as per the address though not the name.

Gettysburg Pennsylvania.
SegTours - which is the only tour that has real Gettysburg Guides who lead the tour and have the knod of the local tourist industry. www.segtours.com

Gettysburg Segway Tours - not sure who they are, though I think they are the Segs-In-The-City Tours are listed on the site.

Annapolis Maryland
Annapolis Segway Tours - the only Segway Authorized Tour in Annapolis - not included www.annapolissegwaytours.com

Another Segway Tour Company - probably Segs-In-The City is again included on the site - this is only because of their location.

Oxon Hill Maryland / National Harbor Maryland
HarborSegs - not included www.harborsegs.com

Crozet Virginia
Seg-Ville Tours - not included. www.seg-ville.com

Philadelphia PA
I-Glide Tour - not included (not sure their website)

Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach
The Segway Authorized Dealer there has a tour operation, again not included.

Indianapolis Indiana,
The Segway Authorized Dealer has a tour there that is top notch, again not included.

Next I looked at prices, I see the prices they are quoting on the website are a tad higher than others that I know that operate in the area. I can understand that they are no doubt including the commission for the advertising on this website in the cost, so that the tour operator does not have to cover the cost. Hey as a businessperson, I surely understand that.

It may indeed be a pretty website, but the other website though not so pretty is not as up to date - nor does it take reservations.

So I would say, like anything else, check the local Convention and Visitor Bureau for Segway Tour listings, as well as the local Better Business Bureau for the validity of the Segway Tours in the area that you are interested in!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote