View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I'm sorry that happened to you. I can sympathize.

One day, I rode past a park where guys were playing soccer. The ball slammed into the metal fence right next to me as I rode by. I stopped, looked, and saw they were all laughing. One of them retrieved the ball and kicked it directly at me again. It too, smacked against the fence, exactly where I was, and rolled back to them. As I stared in shock, they lost interest and continued to play.

There was no direct access to the playfield from where I was, so I rolled around to the back entrance and entered the park. Transitioning onto the grass, they all pretended to ignore me as I neared them. I parked by the stands, to watch with the rest of the non-players. Not one of them would make eye contact, but they looked uncomfortable. I watched them play for 15 minutes, then departed slowly.

There were no more balls being kicked at me when I left.

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringOnI2 View Post
I was once hit on the leg by a tennis ball fairly hard, as I was gliding past some tennis courts. I thought since I was on the other side of the road to the courts, and they were laid out lengthways perpendicular to me, so it would be very difficult for a stray ball to be accidentally hit so hard sideways off a court, that someone had seen me and decided to take a shot.

My immediate reaction at the time was to avoid the wheels from going over the ball without slowing much, and to look over at the courts and say "nice shot!". I guess I would have only taken umbridge if it had knocked me off/unbalanced me. As it was I'm thinking they were astounded that didn't happen.
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote