View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M. Marcum View Post
Civicsman, thank you for the reply.

They batteries are all LI. I say they are fully charged because they show in the high 70s on volts.
I purchased a reviver from MTO and had some luck bringing back some of the batteries that were low on voltage.

I also purchased a voltage regulator/stabilizer in case it was something in my power lines. I live in the middle of town and have not had any trouble with any other electronics.

I usually leave them plugged in a few days the unplug for a couple then start them for a few minutes and then start the procedure all over again. Now I have removed them from the machines while I try to figure out the problem.

I have thought about just charging them with an off board charger but I have not purchased one yet.

I had a machine last week that I started, then plugged in and the next day both were red light, machine would not start and they both had in the upper 70s in volts. I tried the batteries on another machine and it would not start either. I also tried them one at a time with a working battery and neither one would work.
Hi Michael, based upon your description it sounds as if the BMS in your batteries may have locked up with a charging fault again. If that is the case, it would be consistent with the issues that we noted on your batteries two years ago. If you wanted to send them to us to see please advise. We can reset the BMS for you if needed. Please note our address changed since the last time you had sent batteries to us. Thanks and take care!
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote