View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #14
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Thumbs down Not a great plan, IMHO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
OK, this is a LONG term plan and would take careful management, but I think it's the type of thing Segway Inc. should have been doing from the start.

Go down to your local skateboard park. Find a kid, maybe an attractive female, but in any case one with obvious riding skills. Hire the kid to work in your store. GIVE the kid a Segway and let the kid figure out interesting things to do with it. It will take time. Allow the kid to have free reign in their use of it other than pissing off your local business neighbors. Encourage the kid to figure out tricks that can be done on it. Give the kid a video camera and encourage the kid to post to YouTube.

YOU, the boss, have ZERO say in the kid's postings. Just let the kid be cool.

The "careful management" I talked about earlier would entail you finding the right kid to begin with and then trusting the kid while restraining yourself.
And with slightly-less-than-perfect precognition, and "ZERO say" in the postings, you have implemented the "Oh cr@p, she face-planted! -- on video" scenario.

Anybody remember a certain scene in a mall with four girls? I don't THINK I'm the only one who's seen it...

Also, in our litigious society, since you provided the Segway and encouraged pushing the limits, I see herds (swarms?) of ambulance-chasers in your future, representing her and her parents.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Segway, Inc didn't really want that to be their marketing strategy.

Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote