View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 04:39 AM   #19
battman
battman is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Infos about the circuit of the batteries needed

Hi, I hope somebody answers.

I have 2 segways gen1 that are almost completely new. I got them with burned chargers which i fixed successfully in the course of 3.5years of work. I also received them without keys and I successfully managed to create and program new ones. So now we arrive to the point of the battery. I have 2 batteries rev AB and rev AC. I also bought two extra dead batteries rev AF but the don't work properly. So let's stick to AB and AC.
In both of them I have installed new cells. The AB worked out of the "box". The AC had a diode in DC/DC converter burned and after replacing it managed to make the segway run. BUT I still have some issues.
The AC cannot charge from the internal charger. The mosfet that is after the diode from the charging pin never gets activated. Mosfet is fine, it just never get's the 5V signal on it's base so it never allows the current to flow from the charger. I have spent several days trying to find what is burned but I can't.
Regarding AB is charging but voltage on the cells go very high up to 86V so i'm not sure if this is the correct behavior or there is another issue there too. Both batteries looks like doing balancing correctly, but I see that if I leave them one day on the shelf the discharge too much, probably because they try to make balancing which burns energy. So I have no clue how a correct battery should behave, I don't have any healty batteries here. My questions are the following:

1. What is the maximum voltage the charger should leave to the batteries when the charging process is complete?
2. Where are the 5V generated in AB/AC revision board
3. Which circuits control the charging mosfet?
4. What happens if we bridge the two batteries together during run? I'm considering charging them as one, or even with external chargers
battman is offline   Reply With Quote