View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 03:06 AM   #3
Ramsey252
Ramsey252 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
I am finding it difficult to accept the accuracy of the information on the spec sheet for the E8-2 that I found online.

https://www.ecoriderscooter.com/off-...c-scooter.html

For example, they claim it can climb a 45 degree slope....how is this possible?

IPX6 waterproofing is a difficult spec to achieve. Another thing that stands out is the battery packs are only spec'd to last "1-3 years" which is very short compared with Segway packs.

If you were to choose this device for a commercial tour business how can it meet Health & Safety regulations when it lacks full redundant sub-systems?

I happened to have the opportunity to ride one of these devices last month, and was not impressed at all. There is a serious lack of overhead in performance under load (i.e. lots of Speed Limiter push-back), and dynamic performance when turning at high speed is very disconcerting and unintuitive (I'm not certain why, but I suspect it does not have Segway's Roll Compensation feature mapped into the steering algorithm).
I have been testing the smaller model for some weeks and have to say I have it tuned very close to an X2, infact Im sure customer would not know the difference. Due to the massive price difference, cheaper spare and ability to swap and so far much better customer service they are looking like a real Segway contender/killer.
What are the redundant subsystems you mention when you talk about using these in a tour environment? I know as far as boards are concerned there is only one vs 2 and the separate BSA(gyro) but what difference do these make in a tour environment?
I have to say, the torque is better (though much newer gearboxes) the feel is great on the smaller models with lower tyre pressure and steering tuned via the app. I do agree about the E8-2, I found that unrideable! Steering was awful and overall ride I thought to be dangerous.
Thanks for your input, really keen to understand these resilient sub systems before jumping in.
Ramsey252 is offline   Reply With Quote