View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #1
TX2Wheels
TX2Wheels is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile Cajun 2 Wheels, Inc.

Last March 2005 my brother and I started a small Segway rental business in Galveston, TX. Man have we learned a lot. First off we had the idea to do tours of the Historical Strand District and went about learning as much as we could. Shortly after starting the tours, one of our customers remarked to me that he didn't want to listen to this "crap" he just wanted to ride. That got me to thinking and did a little survey during the subseqent tours. at least 95% agreed that the Segway ride was more inportant than doing a tour. Further most stated that providing a nice area to ride was what they liked about our tour. What I have tried to do now is find little know facts about the area and use that while riding. We have a lot of repeat customers so I guess we are doing something right. Still I want to do more than just a ride. One suggestion from a waiter at one of the upscale resturants was to do a ride that involved stopping at various resturants and have an appittizer at one and salad at another followed by the main course and then dessert at another. Sounded good to me just would like to get feed back from the group.

Sincerely,

Jay "2 Wheels" Guillot