View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 02:44 AM   #18
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob yarbrough View Post
eJM
My understanding (as little as it may be) after my years of opthamology visits is that even with corrective vision potentially night time vision may present difficulties. I based my statement on your description of the video (including particularly the first minute of the video), since you did not seem to discern a difference in the lighting.

Basically, YES, I know I'm being an "***" by not publicizing my home-made projects, and I know someone will eventually "produce" the same or very similar designs that I did. One of my early contacts offered me web page space on his site, nothing more. Of course that would have meant he would then know the design. A local gentleman somehow associated with Segway of Richmond offered to build a prototype of my "PONY SEAT". I showed him the seat, he took pictures and after a year of repeated excuses with nothing of any substance to show, an additional year of no contact from this gentleman has past.
I hope you may understand my reluctance to show what I have in home-made(only) form. They do work quiet well in that form but until someone can turn these projects into a finished prototype I'll just have to be content to sit on the sidelines.

Thanks,
sorry for my blabbing but it feels good to get it off my chest.

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy
Bob, I believe I have met you in the past and seen your seat while shrouded.
A couple of helpful hints:
1. Segway of Richmond is bad news according to everyone I've talked to that's dealt with them.
2. Having designed segway seat myself, do yourself a favor, if you really want to see a prototype built then go to someone impartial to do it. If you are at all concerned about someone stealing your design, then it doesn't make sense to contract someone targeting your same customer demographic to build it. My advice would be to go to a local metal company that's looking for some spare work and have them build it. Personally, I had my design prototyped at Northrop Grumman as part of a mentorship and no one in the machine shop has tried to steal it.
3. Lighten up, this is a segway seat here, it's not as if you've discovered cold fusion. If your seat is so easily replicated that you can't even use it in public without a shroud, then people are just going to copy it off of the patent drawings.
-segsurfer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote