Thread: Segway is over?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 12:25 PM   #6
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Unhappy What a glide

This really is a shame to hear

Whilst I thought their cards were marked from the day Ninebot acquired them, I had hoped that somehow they would live on forever. The plant that is closing in New Hampshire is the company behind the 'real' Segway brand. The products it manufactured were the products that I fell in love with back when I first discovered them in 2003.

The company that lives on is obviously more successful at selling products into their target markets but they are a far cry from the vision that started it all off.
The story revealed in Steve Kemper's book, Code Name Ginger, was one set on changing the world, revolutionising human transport, cities... it wasn't to be.

Still, for all of those miles racked up on two self-balancing wheels, what a glide it was.

Good luck to all of the employees from the factory and the various businesses that my be affected by this change.