Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM   #10
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Please compair apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by william collins View Post
Nothing but a Giant Solowheel with a seat. and ten times the price
And that would make a Segway what? Cheaper?

I use these as my transportation period....

I am disabled and have very little options, so anytime someone new comes into the market it should be examined...

As from the RYNO we site:

RYNO is working with regulatory consultants to obtain clearance from authorities in each state to use the RYNO on sidewalks, bike lanes and anyplace pedestrians can go. The RYNO is similar to an “Electric Personal Assistive Mobility Device” or “Personal Motorized Mobility Device” so it should fall under each states laws with respect to this classification. The laws differ from state to state, so it is important that potential purchasers and RYNO users carefully review their state regulations and comply with any special requirements. Many cities and municipalities have their own laws with relation to “Personal Motorized Mobility Devices”, so please check with your local government officials as well.

With that said, we have ridden the RYNO all over Portland, OR and have not had any problems over the last few years with local authorities and have taken it on our Max Train, into various office buildings, as well using it on sidewalks all over downtown.