View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Strowger Switch
Ah, I considered adding that one to my list, but I thought I'd be the *only* one to even know what they were.

At MIT in the 1970s', I helped build and maintain a switching system for our fraternity based on these. I think we had a rack of 7 trunks -- each with a linefinder, and one final 2-digit switch.

These were units being discarded after MIT had upgraded their phone system, so they were already at end-of-life. There were times I was glad we had 7 trunks; it made it a lot easier to keep at least a couple operational!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.