View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Also, there have been many pictures of the insides of all models of Segway. I'm not going to search them up for you -- but I'll concede it may be difficult to do so!

But I hope you'll find it useful and encouraging to know they exist to be found, at least.

I've also participated in some discussions of the Segway RMP robotics platform, and the CAN-bus-based protocol that it uses, which appears to be related to but substantially different than what was used in the Gen 1 systems.

I have read some of the RMP documentation; you may be able to find those links on the forum, or it may be easier to google for the documentation to find it more directly.

Other than having read that documentation, and knowing physics and a fair bit of EE, I don't actually have a lot to contribute. I'm not planning on opening up my unit; I depend on it too much. (If it were a toy, I probably would have had it open the first day!)

But if you have or discover any information to contribute, I shall certainly be an interested reader!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote