View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Popup
Popup is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default See what is Inside a Segway Battery

I for one think we should work a bit harder to crack it open.

We need a sticky Error codes thread that has everything we have been able to learn about the error codes. I also think we should be able to browse more than 4 pages of old threads. I know I can search and get results from old threads but why are we limited to browsing only 4 pages of posts?

Batteries are a big concern for a Segway owners. I went to the "Reference Information & How-To's" section the thread titled "E027, How to check battery, disassemble" does not deserve a spot in that section. The only useful info in the entire thread is a suggestion to swap the batteries.

Your response gives me the impression you are in league with Segway INC and that this forum is intentionally suppressing this type of information.

I conducted the following search on google Images "site:segwaychat.com" I didn't find a single picture of the guts of a Segway. I did see a wheel with no tire on it and an unattached handlebar. Personally I can find more detailed information looking at pictures of items for sale on ebay. Just because it is interesting (and I am guessing no one here has ever seen what they are paying so much for) I am posting pictures of the inside of a Segway battery with this response, I wonder if they will get deleted.

I would like to Vote for a Technical Forum I don't want to have to read thru posts with pictures of peoples cats riding their Segway when I am trying to find a fix for a problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Connector_Battery_3D.jpg (88.8 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg SEGWAY_BATTERY_OVERALL_VIEW_2small.jpg (75.7 KB, 38 views)
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote