View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #12
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Christians did not fly the planes into those towers, and claim that Jesus made them do it. The same cannot be said for Muslims.
so.....You are saying that Muslims flew planes into the towers and claimed that Jesus made them do it? That is a perspective that I have not heard anywhere else. Are you certain that this is what you meant to say?

Quote:
And for the record, the most intolerant people I personally know are very liberal self proclaimed progressives, who have only hatred and venom to spew at anyone who has other views than theirs. Of course, they do not think of themselves as haters, or their views as intransigent, because they know they are the enlightened ones, and everyone else is just wrong. Therefore, you can hate wrong, and still be right.
So it is those pesky liberal progressives that are intolerant, and spew hatred and venom? Some do, but not all . Some conservative people spew hatred and venom too, but not all of them. Consequently, cannot lump all conservatives into one pile. Nor can one hold reasonable conservatives responsible for the actions of the conservative lunatic fringe.

Similarly, a reasonable person can not hold all Muslims responsible for the actions of a Muslim lunatic fringe. By definition, a person who treats the members of a group with hatred and intolerance, simply because they are members of that group, are, by definition, bigots.

Frankly, about some things, I agree that I am intolerant. Bigotry and hypocrisy are pretty close to the top of my "do not tolerate" list.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote