View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
LOL. You take your chances... On the other hand, lightning is one thing I'd just as soon avoid... A neighbor had 11 head of cattle killed by lightning in this latest round of storms.. A $40,000 loss is not to be sneezed at...
Fair enough...

Now, at this point, I guess it would be appropriate to suggest that you do not do what those cattle were doing.

Were they walking down streets with tall buildings? Were they moving? Were they using umbrellas or segways?

Perhaps, you may wish to do a more local analysis. Where do lightening strikes in your area happen? (Around here, there are power lines on the the typically wooden telephone poles, and if one of the poles gets hit, it is either at a mounted transformer (which has a direct path to ground) or near it...)

If most of your local strikes occur in the cattle fields and not the streets you frequent, your odds are better. If most of the local lightening strikes are in the cities and towns, and less in the farm fields, then not doing the what the cows did may not help you. Of course, it did not help them either...

I am sure if you look hard enough, you will find some poor soul who wants to be struck and has been trying for years, unsuccessfully. If you find someone like this, perhaps you should hang with them. Conversely, you may run an ad, asking for those who have been struck, or relatives of those who have been struck, and stay far away from them.

Anyway you slice it, I wish you luck in your anti-quest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote