View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 01:29 PM   #9
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

I really need to start making copies of my posts. It stinks to put a lot of thought into a post (SuperPosting doesn't come naturally to me) and then have mods delete it.

I am a member of some an iPhone community and a member of an Android community. The iPhone community (being centered around one product) hates hearing about things an Android does better than an iPhone. However, the Android community (not having a single product to focus on, but a breadth of phones/tablets/computers all with their own pros and cons) is more welcoming of the idea that one thing might do something better than another thing. They don't get bent out of shape when someone shares their experience with an iPhone, because their whole identity isn't wrapped up in this one thing, but rather a whole idea of an open system available to anybody to put on any mobile device.

There are Android fans who drool over Apple's hardware, but are turned off by the OS. They understand that "superior" really means "superior for me" and are open to hearing about other possibilities.

I'm a fan of individual transportation, and I very much enjoy hearing about what else is out there, including bikes. The most interesting posts on this forum for me are NOT segway-related posts. My favorites are posts from Segway owners, writing about things like the Ryno, the solowheel, the yike bike, pedal assist, you name it. Anyone with a Segway had to seriously invest in it, and so I take them more seriously when they talk about other electric transport. John clearly made a good recommendation to a member here for a pedal-assist bike. That's a contribution in my book. A really high ratio of contribution:hot air IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man

Last edited by Gihgehls; 02-18-2014 at 01:38 PM..
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote