View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I am not saying that it should not be posted here, just that I could not enjoy it as the OP suggested.
There is a certain fascination with this kind of video and there has been for as long as the common man could afford a video camera.

It is not to everybody's taste but there is enough public interest in such things to keep primetime TV shows running for years and year and years.

I don't see the video as positive as such but I can see the humour in it. I can also see how some narrow-minded people might try to claim it as evidence of how unsafe the Segway is - but I would hope most people can discern that every slip, trip and fall is being caused by people either being dumb or by making mistakes (user error).

These videos exist for almost every vehicle type you can imagine and I would hope that a Segway is now common enough to also feature because it shows it is becoming more mainstream.

My only gripe is that it is not entitled "Segway PT operator fails" - but the more accurate title might not register so many hits in the search engines and is not the way these things are done.

If the video was explicitly asserting the fails were the direct fault of the Segway, then I would have a different position and I assume Segway INC might too.