View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 08:31 AM   #39
dorrington
dorrington is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

If they hold 3 volts or so for a couple of weeks then they might be usable...however it's still important to know the capacity, they may hold voltage but only have 500mA...

sounds like at least one cell in the banks that drop is bad....you'll have to disconnect all four to find the bad one, replace it and re-weld or solder back together...

I got a cheap welder from ebay $100 and some nickel strip, far better then soldering and alot faster..

I would advise new cells, repair your machine and enjoy it....disconnect the old packs and weed out good cells at your leisure...if you get another old pack do the same...eventually you'll have enough rescued cells for a new pack.....

like I posted before,.to get the cells out, carefully peel the connecting strips off..when both sides of the cell are removed, push the cell out of it's sleeve using a wooden dowel on the negative end, a light tap will help,...keep the insulating washer!..replace with a good cell (with its sleeve removed)....

Hope this helps...it's not a quick process

those look fine to me, 23x4 = 92 cells per battery...$350 per battery...not too bad and 6.0AH..
dorrington is offline   Reply With Quote