View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 10:09 AM   #20
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Where I live jet ski rentals go for $65 per 'half' hour. More than our 2.5 hour Segway tour at $61. $500 per week for a Segway rental does on the face of it seem high, but consider this:

The freedom to ride without supervision brings a much higher liability potential for the business, therefore the cost-to-rent needs to reflect the higher cost of coverage. In a rental situation the Segway seems to age more quickly and parts come back more frequently broken.

On the other hand $500 is a fair rental cost for seven days. A tour operation that charges $65 per tour, two times per day, seven days per week will earn much more than $500.

If the application of a rental towards a purchase did not come with a time limit, they should honor it.

This is a classic reason why I chose not to become a Segway dealer. The ONLY customers I have are 100% happy ones. There is NEVER a conflict of interest from a tour customer feeling pressured to purchase on impulse 'after the tour'. Our enthusiasm for the tour is genuine, with no motive to sell. How many bus or trolley tours sell the buses or trolleys, NONE. And, there is never any customer service issues. Our biggest problem occurs at the end of each tour, nobody wants to get off the machines!!