View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #14
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I did not have my Segway with me at the gate. I asked if I could use it in the park, I was told flat out NO. Later in the morning I saw a man who looked "important" so I asked him why. He was off duty, his daughter was getting married in the park that day. While we were talking a security man came by, age probably 60, I figured he had some rank, the man passed the question to him. I got somewhat conflicting answers from them, but they told me to go to the security office near the front gate.

I did not go, I was with my wife, her sister and her husband. My wife does not like to ride her Segway, her sister has tried and is scared of them. Her and I had had several "discussions" about the safety of Segways, during the time we were in the place and I might point out that my wife and I were staying at their house. My broth-in-law does like to ride, but was intent on showing us Silver Dollar City. I did not want to walk back to security and then rejoin them. I could have stopped at security as we left, but my rear was dragging, all I wanted was a nap.

Swope Park greeted us with open arms when we arrived. It was only when I got back to my wife's sister's house that my brother-in-law was told by someone in the park office that Segways were not allowed in the park. What happened, it's more complicated than I first wrote, I wanted to write a more detailed account of the whole trip in another thread and just ask a couple of simple questions here. My brother-in-law and I went to Swope Park, our wives went shopping. We met up later, he stayed with the wives and I went to their house for a nap.

I could not find my wallet, I called Lost-and-Found at Swop Park, then when they finished shopping he went back to Swope Park to see if Lost-and-found had recovered the wallet. They had not, they were very friendly and helpful and during the conversation that he had with them they told him that Segways were not allowed.

I realize these two experiences do not further the goal of being able to use Segways everyplace. It seems like filing a complaint needs to be a planned thing where you are prepared to get names, dates and statements. This was a family outing with people who were not sympathetic to the Segway Cause. Or patient with me if I wanted to create a fuss, they would have told me to go by myself.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote