View Single Post
Old 07-04-2003, 01:12 PM   #20
Bou
Bou

5 yr Member

Hi, y'all! First post here from me (although I'm known to Jillmac--hi, Jill!).

I have MS, and like several people here, I am able to walk with a cane, and I take wheelchairs and carts in large stores. I have major spasticity, a too-mobile pelvis, a dropped foot that is beginning to club, and almost no ability to bend my right knee. Walking is no longer a pleasant experience for me.

I have long dreamt of owning a Segway, and I just had a friend send me, out of the clear blue sky, the money to buy one! I have yet to decide whether I am capable of accepting such a generous gift, but I am considering it. So I'm glad to be here and see how it has helped other disabled people, especially those with balance issues. I've worried a bit about that. I'm not vertiginous--just lose balance because of using my strong side so much and likewise destabilizing my hip from two years of walking and standing with my weight shifted heavily to the left.

I am buying a house soon, and I have yet to decide whether the Seg would be good for the neighborhood I'm leaning toward. I also am interested in reading many other considerations about the Seg before buying one, but that it would be helpful for someone with ambulatory problems such as mine is without question!! To be able to move along, standing up, with no pain and at the same height as my companions--what a marvelous thing! (Hey! Dean Kamen! Want a girlfriend? Hee hee. Bless yer sweet heart, wherever you are.)

Looking forward to reading and writing here. (Oh, and Jill, if you know what has happened to our "other forum,"--if it is actually gone or what--please drop me a line. This loss of it has been driving me crazy! So good to see a familiar face again, so to speak.)

Best regards,

Bou

Bou is offline   Reply With Quote