View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default vetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
I had a call for replacement keys this morning that i feel is suspicious. The caller said he bought an i-167 from a friend who bought it at a swapmeet or something. He has no keys, no key code and does not know who the original owner is. I told him to call me with the registered owner's name and then I can help him.

The serial number is 042171008890.

May be straight OK, but be aware!
When handling inquiries that might involve stolen segways, do dealers go the extra mile and contact all the other dealers in the area (thus making the thief take the stolen segway to the next major city to even have a chance of getting keys made)? What about calling Segway INC and passing on the serial number information? I'm curious just how much of a network of protection segway dealers give us owners.

ps - Of course, the first line of defense is OWNERS getting their segways registered at Segway INC. I've registered both of mine!
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote