Thread: i2 Odd battery issue?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 09:56 PM   #6
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have three I2's and I never leave them plugged in for fear of a voltage transient causing damage during a power failure. Once every 4 or 5 weeks, I plug in one of them for a few hours, then the second one for a few hours and then the third and then I leave them sit for another 4 or 5 weeks and repeat. I also keep them in the house so they are always kept at 65 to 75 degrees. Been doing this now for a few years and all's well.

Everybody has their own 'system' for keeping their expensive batteries in good shape, so whatever works for you is great . . . . for you. When they are taken care of properly, the batteries last a long time. I sold a pair of my spares (one 2006 and one 2007 battery) to a guy I met here on the forum who wanted to get an old I2 up and running without spending a ton of money. I told him from my experience that the old pair of batteries should still give him 12 or 14 miles of range, based on my experience with them. His wife took that Seg with those old batteries on an 18 or 20 mile trip (I forget which) and they made it back home - It's documented with a link to his You Tube elsewhere here on the forum

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote