View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

We were at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO last Thursday morning. I asked if I could us my Segway and was told NO !! I was told that they are too dangerous. They gave nothing specific, except that there were too many people in the park. I used my cane to walk the park and it wore me out. I must admit that it would have been a challenge, not because of the crowd, but the terrain. All of the walkways are very smooth, but un-level and hilly.

I could have navigated it without much trouble, but carefully. Someone with more experience would have little trouble. Someone new to Segway would have a run-a-way. The crowd would have been little problem. We arrived about 8:30am, by 1:00pm the crowd had picked up quite a bit but still manageable. By then there were too many people in the park for me to enjoy the experience. I have no interest in being anyplace where it is "bumper to bumper" people, with or without the Segway.

We were welcomed at Swope Park Zoo in Kansas City and it was a great glide. We had no trouble, the crowd was light. The terrain was sometimes slightly rough sometimes. After we left the soo we were told that Segways were not allowed. It seems that they had Segway rentals at one time. That must have been fun to watch. It seems that everyone is afraid of a Segway, but not golf carts, powered wheelchairs, etc.

Here are my questions:

• Has anyone filed a complaint against the Swope Park Zoo or Silver dollar City?
• Have any of you been at either one of these places?

I will go into more detail in the topic, "Trip to Kansas City", in a couple of days. We had a great time with the Segways.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote