View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #77
X-man
X-man is an unknown quantity at this point

Location: As a full time RVer, I'm on a road somewhere in the west
5 yr Member

It seems as though my old fried Sal brought my philosophy into play on this thread. I thought I should add a word about what that is all about.
I have COPD and for that reason I have a disability decal on my machine. While it is true I promote safe and sane riding, it affects me more than the rest of you. Simply put, I don't want to be denied my chance to see things that would be extremely hard without the mobility it provides.
My machine has been to many places that the majority of you cannot take yours. For that reason, simply stated, I try to be as best ambassador as possible to make it easier for the rest of you to follow on those paths.
If any of you want to play polo, jump down flights of stairs, etc., that is your choice.
And yes, I have been asked to leave a mall but I'm still ornery. I left by the farthest exit I could find. I have however ridden mine through Carlsbad Cavern,, the trail on the north rim of the Grand Canyon, up the trail of the Tonto National Monument, through many, many zoos and many more places you could never imagine and there are many more places to come.
I need my machine to get around and I chose to follow my own methodology of how to utilize my Segway. What you do is your business but in the meantime, you glide your way and I will glide mine. I do not dictate the actions of others but rather just use common sense.

Help keep the streets safe, support your local velodrome
X-man is offline   Reply With Quote