View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 04:33 PM   #76
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
I've just downloaded the files, run the exe (no installer). It complains about the absence of some dlls. Found them, put them in place and the program loads. Try as I might, I can't get your error message.

Access violation - could be permissions or memory related. Assuming this is all you use the XP VM for, if you get it running (i.e. working) in your virtual machine, why not leave it running and hibernate the virtual machine or save it in the open state? It'll be there then every time you need it.

Do you start it with your hardware attached? Can it start without the hardware then add the hardware afterwards?
Use the VM for this and other similar purposes (downloading datafiles from various dataloggers etc). I have tried launching the application with and without the hardware connected- gone through the normal windows procedure for installing new hardware etc. the issue of the dlls came up a long time ago, do you remember where to find them as not easy to find for a non windows personl like me)