Thread: x2 Loose antenna ???
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #8
RMullins
RMullins is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaMtns View Post

So you say it is not likely a loose antenna but a radio board??? Any way to confirm this short of taking it apart to check???

Thanks Mark
Thats my opinion, based on the fact that I have never seen it. But if others in the forum have further info on that issue I will yield to them. What I do see is radio boards that fail and display the symptoms you described.

In your original post you stated, "does not see extreme cold", so i did not address that issue. There are some units from 2006 to 2008 that have a cold start issue when the temperature is low. The easiest way to diagnose this issue is the following:

1. Leave the unit plugged in
2. Power the unit up with the infokey from the normal distance
3. If it powers on, remove the power cord
4. If the start up process works for you, then your radio board is experiencing the cold start issue and will require a new radio board to resolve

Also, there is an extraction tool to remove the console cover. If you try to remove the cover to get to the radio board without the proper tool you may damage the console housing. My advice would be to contact a dealer. If you need further guidance you can call our shop (location in bio) and I can give you pricing, how long the repair takes, etc.
RMullins is offline   Reply With Quote