View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnyc View Post
I have owned an electric scooter (Xootr EX3), a kick scooter (Xootr Street), an electric bike (heavy and large), folding bikes (Dahon), normal rollerblades, LandRollers and Skorpions skates.

All of that and the Segway PT is my FAVORITE! It's great in NYC where the pavement's rough and stopping on a dime is cruicial. I don't have to balance and it's very easy to control. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

But...

For portability, I would love to try the:
  • YikeBike
  • spnKiK
  • SoloWheel

The SoloWheel really appeals to me because it seems to operate like the Segway (probably copied Segway's technology), doesn't require strapping anything on and is moderately priced.

What are your thoughts? Any alternatives that you own, would like to or have tested?
The SoloWheel looks interesting to me, too. I watched some of the videos they have on their site, and the thing looks pretty simple and relatively easy to control.

I also noticed the Asian girl in one video ride it up a pretty steep incline, which seems to indicate that it has a good amount of power--although she was rather petite.

It's still hard to tell from those videos how hard it is to stop fast, and they did mention that it was hard to balance when you're not rolling. So, I don't know how well it would work in NYC crowds, Lil.

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote