View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 08:29 AM   #12
GlideGuy
GlideGuy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eJM View Post
Adding sub-forums (that's what it's called) is not just an organizational scheme, it can also be good for SEO (Search Engine Optimization - a plan to improve a site's visibility and ranking on Google, et al), and thus, bring more visitors and potential members to a website.
Currently, SegwayChat has 3 categories, 14 forums and 3 sub-forums.

I make very limited use of sub-forums because, in my experience, people overlook them more often than not. A sub-forum gets tucked-away at the top of its parent forum (unless viewing by category) and users scan their eyes down past the announcements, sub-forums and many times, right past the stickies.

Now, if there are several sub-forums in a given parent forum...the odds are better that they don't get overlooked.

I find Howard Forums to be very busy and confusing. They make extensive use of catagonies and sub-forums...so much so that it becomes intimidating to even try to post something if it doesn't fit SQUARELY into a given sub-forum. You can start a thread off about iPhone reception, the subject drifts to Verizon specific service and you get your thread closed prematurely because it is in the wrong area!

SegwayChat is currently very easy to navigate and I simply don't see a situation where there are an abundance of model specific threads that need to be shuffled-off into their own forum or sub-forum.
GlideGuy is offline   Reply With Quote