View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawbones View Post
I'm headed to the Moscone Center in San Francisco for the annual international Orthopaedic Meeting. I was well received (after some negotiating) about five years ago at the same convention hall, and I'm calling the center from home (Hanover, NH) to clear the Segway for this meeting.

I'm ambivalent about making this advanced contact, fearing that doing so may give the convention staff an opportunity to deny me access! Am I being paranoid, or are there other strategies I should use instead that might be more useful.

I'm an emeritus orthopaedic surgeon with an above knee amputation on the right and a mature replacement knee on the left (2003).
They can't deny you access. I always have a couple copies of this ADA summary along with my handicap tag.
http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=25902

If they tell you you can't use it, I'd send them the ADA info and let them know I'd be showing up with a lawyer! or since you will be traveling to SF, perhaps someone there who uses a Seg could show up with you.... Frankly, I'm getting a bit fed up with this kind of stuff--and I'm not nearly as willing to make excuses for this as I was in the beginning...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Lily Kerns; 01-20-2012 at 07:47 PM..
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote