SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Segway General Discussion (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   p133 tyres (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=33788)

ronzul 06-07-2015 03:09 AM

p133 tyres

Hi guys

My trusty p133 from 2003 still has reasonable tread on my current set of tyres. And I'm fortunate enough now to also have a I series which helps me minimise the use of its baby brother.

However, one day I will need to replace the tyres (or tyres + wheels).

Has anyone had any success sourcing an alternate tyre and attaching it (with a tube) to the wheels?

I know it's a long shot, but I'll contact Michelin this week.

Cheers
Ronny

GregRice 06-08-2015 01:31 PM

Ronny, yes getting tires or a lot of other parts for the P 133 is getting hard. I have 4 P's so I know all to well. Have you seen a Ninebot E yet? They're the China company that now owns Segway. The Ninebot has 16" tires. The tires are made by Michelin I think. They do look a little wider though. If there's a Ninebot dealer close to where you're at stop by and see if you think they might work. I know the rims are different but a good bike shop could change the tires on to your Segway rims. Here's a link to Ninebot's US distributor listing their replacement tires and rims. Good luck!

http://www.ninebotus.com/tire-assemb...nebot-e-elite/

vertigo1 06-13-2015 11:18 PM

A glimmer of hope?

I just came into a P133 myself but the tires are indeed starting to dryrot. If the ninebot tires will fit, I would be SOOO happy. At lest SOME good will have come from that ungodly union...:D

SegwayUtah 06-14-2015 03:26 PM

I know this is the wrong forum, so moderators: please feel free to move if appropriate :)

Just FYI...I have a brand new set of p133 series, still in box. And I think I have a new set of batteries.

I purchased a used but in very good condition p133 from an authorized reseller a few years ago, but the cables at the top of the control shaft got pinched during shipping due to the way it was shipped. I never got the cables fixed, so this p133 with its brand new extra set of batteries and tires has been sitting here for a few years needing a loving owner.

If either of you needs batteries or tires or a p133 which needs its control shaft cable replaced...just let me know.

vertigo1 06-14-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SegwayUtah (Post 237789)
I know this is the wrong forum, so moderators: please feel free to move if appropriate :)

If either of you needs batteries or tires or a p133 which needs its control shaft cable replaced...just let me know.

I think this is quite appropriate as you are in fact answering the OP's question of where to get tires.... you! :-)
My only question is; are they dryrotting? That's the issue mine have. If you bent them, they should be flexible like rubber but if they're dryrotting, then they'll start cracking :-/.

SegwayUtah 06-19-2015 01:14 AM

Hi vertigo1,

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigo1 (Post 237790)
I think this is quite appropriate as you are in fact answering the OP's question of where to get tires.... you! :-)
My only question is; are they dryrotting? That's the issue mine have. If you bent them, they should be flexible like rubber but if they're dryrotting, then they'll start cracking :-/.

They're new in box, direct from the Segway dealer. I opened the box a while ago to look at them and they still looked shiny-brand-new. I'd be happy to double-check.

Chris

mdown4 01-27-2016 04:11 PM

p133 tires

I saw that you had some new tires for the p133, but this was back in June. I am desperate for some for my daughter's Segway that she uses constantly, as she has mobility issues. Anyone out there have any tires or suggestions?

SegwayUtah 01-28-2016 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdown4 (Post 238826)
I saw that you had some new tires for the p133, but this was back in June. I am desperate for some for my daughter's Segway that she uses constantly, as she has mobility issues. Anyone out there have any tires or suggestions?

Yup. I have a brand new set of p133 tires, still original in Segway packaging. I opened the box to check them out, so they might be a bit dusty...but they are otherwise brand new with all the tread. I also have an extra set of p133 batteries and, technically, an extra p133 if you need parts ;)

Let's continue this in PM so we don't hijack the thread with buy/sell messages.

vertigo1 01-11-2020 04:57 PM

The verdict?

Any chance anyone found a solution for tire replacement for the P133? There HAS to be some tire out there tat will fit these little guys.
The way they're built; the machine will last forever, but the only consumable item -tires- will inevitably wear out or (in my case) dryrot.
ANY ideas welcome :)
Cheers!

snaffah 01-14-2020 04:26 PM

I have complete p133s for sale with good tires, and I have a few sets of new p133 tires as well. If anyone is looking for either send me a message.