SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Newbie from Northern Va (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=31793)

SkOotz.dc 03-18-2013 10:53 PM

Newbie from Northern Va

Hi all

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself, as I'm sure ill be piping up with more than a few questions before too long. Before I go any further I would just like to thank all the contributors out there who have already given so much info. Every step (or lack thereof ) I take with this new hobby fills me with excitement about all the possibilities.

A little bit about me. Nerd. Dog lover. Musician (notice i didnt say good haha) About sums it up :)

On to the important stuff. My brand new X2 arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to hit some of the local trails.

Looking forward to it all,
Cheers

S.

KSagal 03-21-2013 06:40 PM

Welcome S. Have fun.

Bob.Kerns 03-22-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkOotz.dc (Post 228786)
A little bit about me. Nerd. Dog lover. Musician (notice i didnt say good haha) About sums it up :)

What instrument do you play? How many hands does it take? Can you carry it?

I have my doubts about the practicality of playing keyboards on a Segway, but I should give flute a try. But for now, pay attention; the Segway is enough fun all by itself, and you can sing about it later!

Cybercat 03-24-2013 09:26 PM

SkOotz - where in NOVA are you? I'm at Ballston/Arlington.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkOotz.dc (Post 228786)
Hi all

Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself, as I'm sure ill be piping up with more than a few questions before too long. Before I go any further I would just like to thank all the contributors out there who have already given so much info. Every step (or lack thereof ) I take with this new hobby fills me with excitement about all the possibilities.

On to the important stuff. My brand new X2 arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to hit some of the local trails.

Looking forward to it all,
Cheers

S.

SkOotz.dc 03-28-2013 03:30 PM

haha sorry guys, was hit by a quick 3 day bug. :(

I play that funky geetar. and nah i dont see myself strapping one on my back and going for a glide any time soon.

ah cool, Arlington is close, i live Fairfax City. :)

Cybercat 03-29-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkOotz.dc (Post 228858)
ah cool, Arlington is close, i live Fairfax City. :)

Cool! Hope to see you around!

bvelke 03-30-2013 08:30 PM

Welcome to the Segway community, ScOotz. Take a day trip to Gettysburg, PA (90 minutes from Northern VA). The rural park roads are a beautiful place to ride. Please stop in to see us and we'll bring you up to speed on local riding guidelines to make the Borough and Park Rangers happy.

Or take a battlefield tour with us. Half price if you bring your own Segway.

LarryW54 12-20-2018 01:00 PM

Another Newbie from NOVA (2018)

Hello all,
We are from Fairfax, VA, and I hear Santa is bringing us Segway MiniPro's for XMas.
If you see two older folks around George Mason, Burke Lake, or even maybe crossing the WW Bridge (From Alexandria Marina), that would most likely be us.

Looking forward to meeting others and comparing experiences. Now if it would stop raining, or maybe Segway can adapt water wings to the Pro!

See ya around