SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   Science and Technology (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Swagway - Charge Issue - HELP! (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=34174)

Marinda159 12-26-2015 07:24 PM

New Swagway - Charge Issue - HELP!

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this. Customer service isn't open until Monday. My son got a swagway for Christmas and has maybe been on it for a total of 2 hours off and on before the battery light started blinking red and beeping. I read the manual and it said to plug the charger into the wall first (light on the charger should be green -- it was) then plug it into the swagway (I did) the light on the charger should have changed to red, then when fully charged change to green. The light on the charger always stayed green. I charged it for an hour (states 2-3 max), turned it on ... the battery light was flashing green constantly on the swagway. I left it charging for another hour... same thing green blinking light (which in the manual states it's at 50%). I then left it charging for the last hour, unplugged it. The battery light was green - not blinking anymore but shortly after my son got on it, it quickly changed to blinking red and beeping again. I am thinking I will have to send it back and get a new one. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue? TIA!!:mad::confused:[:(!]

airdale 12-28-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marinda159 (Post 238617)
Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with this. Customer service isn't open until Monday. My son got a swagway for Christmas and has maybe been on it for a total of 2 hours off and on before the battery light started blinking red and beeping. I read the manual and it said to plug the charger into the wall first (light on the charger should be green -- it was) then plug it into the swagway (I did) the light on the charger should have changed to red, then when fully charged change to green. The light on the charger always stayed green. I charged it for an hour (states 2-3 max), turned it on ... the battery light was flashing green constantly on the swagway. I left it charging for another hour... same thing green blinking light (which in the manual states it's at 50%). I then left it charging for the last hour, unplugged it. The battery light was green - not blinking anymore but shortly after my son got on it, it quickly changed to blinking red and beeping again. I am thinking I will have to send it back and get a new one. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue? TIA!!:mad::confused:[:(!]

Are you sure its a Segway?
That dont sound like the charging process?
Does it say i2 or X2 on the leansteer shaft..

rotorblades 12-29-2015 04:01 AM

sounds like a hoverboard to me who did you buy it from?

dudeman1961 12-29-2015 12:34 PM

Swagway is hoverboard

We are the Segway people, not the hoverboarders, sorry...

airdale 12-29-2015 02:42 PM

I just put 2+2 together....

He has it by its name, SWAGWAY....not SEGWAY...

I watched my local news today and I could that name on the box....

This may really hurt the Segway name with problems like this and no firm line divided between the 2?