SegwayChat

SegwayChat (https://forums.segwaychat.org/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://forums.segwaychat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   New Member in Texas (https://forums.segwaychat.org/showthread.php?t=35167)

WeAreZilla 07-30-2017 03:35 PM

New Member in Texas

Howdie. And I'm told "y'all" is appropriate in every Texan's writing too. We'll see.

A physical limitation brings me to Segways and this forum. Walking is fine for me, as long as I don't have to do it more than a block. Or if I can go really, REALLY slow. A Segway or something like it seems like a good fit for now. Looking forward to keeping up when the need arises to walk any distance, without asking anyone to stop and rest with me every 200 - 300 feet.

I've done a fair bit of research already, but may be asking for advice with standup self-balancers as an EPAMD.

Thanks, and y'all take it easy. 8-)
Al

airdale 07-31-2017 09:33 AM

Welcome....Segway could be the thing that help you! :)

P99Guy 07-31-2017 07:25 PM

Welcome.

I am a Texan so I understood ya perfectly.

I currently use a Segway miniPRO for the exact same reason. It works very well and is much easier to maneuver through stores and crowded areas than my full size i2SE. As long as the surfaces you are on are fairly smooth I think you would have no trouble with it.

I enjoy using the i2SE more for recreation as it allows me to concentrate less on questionable surfaces.

Also if you are in the DFW area I am happy to let you give it or the i2SE a try.

Hardenburgward1@aol. 08-02-2017 04:27 PM

Applaud your approach. An electric wheelchair might serve same purpose but (in my opinion) would not provide the same COOL VALUE as a Segway. I am 70 yrs old and find that segway helps improve my ability to balance as well as travel. Improving balance not something you get with an electric wheelchair.

Wodin 08-02-2017 05:24 PM

My wife has been wheelchair bound for the last ten or so years, about six months ago she had a knee replacement but has been unwilling to get out of her power chair. She'd rather ride than walk. Plus she has a couple of inches of leg length discrepancy.

I ordered a MiniPro as an incentive for her to get more mobile (I wanted one too;)). The MP hasn't arrived yet, so I'm not sure if it will be useful for her, but your right, no matter what the COOL VALUE can't be denied.

WeAreZilla 08-02-2017 06:36 PM

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies y'all.

At first I had my heart set on a Segway MiniPro. I like *everything* about it. But I finally threw in the towel, realizing (admitting) that I'm just too big for it ... feet, girth, height etc.

Now I'm fairly certain it's going to be a Ninebot C (Comfort). It's a bigger platform, rated for more weight, and it's still relatively good price. I'd prefer the E+ with the hands-free lever because of its bigger battery, but want to go economy for now.

Haven't purchased yet, and still open to suggestions. 8-)
Thanks again!

airdale 08-02-2017 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeAreZilla (Post 241577)
Thanks for the replies y'all.

At first I had my heart set on a Segway MiniPro. I like *everything* about it. But I finally threw in the towel, realizing (admitting) that I'm just too big for it ... feet, girth, height etc.

Now I'm fairly certain it's going to be a Ninebot C (Comfort). It's a bigger platform, rated for more weight, and it's still relatively good price. I'd prefer the E+ with the hands-free lever because of its bigger battery, but want to go economy for now.

Haven't purchased yet, and still open to suggestions. 8-)
Thanks again!

Check out a i2 or the newer SE....Yes you pay more, but we are finding out the Ninbots do not have redundancy and the features that are all about saftey!

WeAreZilla 08-02-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airdale (Post 241578)
Check out a i2 or the newer SE....Yes you pay more, but we are finding out the Ninbots do not have redundancy and the features that are all about saftey!

Appreciate the advice. Will check into them. Thanks!